Saturday, March 29, 2008

Mustard Seeds - my new book


I'm so happy to share the cover of my new book with you! It's called Mustard Seeds: Thoughts on the Nature of God and Faith, and it goes on-sale from B&H Publishing on Sept. 1, 2008. Isn't this cover beautiful? I thought the designer did a fantastic job, since many of the essays in the book focus on the beauty and wonder of God's creation.

Mustard Seeds came out of an essay that first appeared in Sky, the magazine carried on board Delta Air Lines. I wrote about my spiritual journey after my mother and father passed away, and during a long layoff that forced my husband to move away from us, to take a job in another city, until a job opened up back home a year and a half later.

It was a hard, sad time of testing for me, and my faith took a beating. But God is good--He listens when his children call out for help, and He restored my faith through a steady stream of little mercies. We didn't get any miraculous physical healing, or debt-erasing checks in the mail, but we were sustained by the peace and hope that He gives through the small, daily blessings of life. That's where the title comes from. Mustard seeds are tiny, but the Scriptures tell us that if your faith is even that size, God can work in your life.

I hope this book will be a blessing to anyone who needs encouragement.

If you'd like to learn more about the book, please visit Blip TV to see a recorded interview.

Mustard Seeds is available at B&H Publishing and Amazon . You'll also be able to find it in September at bookstores and Lifeway Christian stores.

Blessings,
Lynn

6 comments:

Paula said...

Dear Mrs. Coulter,
I love the cover of your new book! It is so beautiful!!! I also love the title of your book, Mustard Seeds and the scripture that inspired the title!

Bless your heart! You have been through a lot. I love what you shared, how it was a hard and sad time, and your faith took a beating, but God is good and how he listens when his children cry out for help. I also appreciate you sharing, how he restored your faith by little mercies, and you didn't get any miraculous physical healing, or become debt free, but how he sustained you by "peace and hope that he gives through the small, daily blessings of life."

I know your book will be a great source of encouragement to me and to whoever reads it! I need the encouragement! Isn't it wonderful how the Lord used your difficulties and heartaches to have you write this book! Just think of all the people that will be blessed and encouraged by it!

You blessed me with every word you wrote and it was all something I needed to hear! I can hardly wait to read your new book, I will have to pre-order it through Amazon.

Thank you! The Lord bless you!
Paula

Lynn Coulter said...

Dear Paula,
Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog! I truly hope that my new book will encourage others, and yes, what you've said is true. God is faithful to give us the peace and hope we need through a million small, daily reminders of His love.

Your site is just beautiful, and I love your photos and your wonderful written entries. I know it's a blessing to many people who stop for refreshment and inspiration on your pages. God bless you for your lovely work!

Thank you again for writing to me. You are a tremendous encouragement to me!
blessings to you and yours,
Lynn

Rurality said...

Wow that is an inviting cover! Really beautiful.

You asked about my camera. It's a digital SLR, a Nikon D-200. You can use it either way, manually or automatic. Usually I let the camera choose its own settings, though I do fiddle with it occasionally, especially the spot-metering.

Sometimes I use my husband's camera - a Sony Cyber-shot. It won't zoom as close, but it has the advantage of being pocket-sized so it's easy to carry on a whim.

I took some "special studies" courses in photography years ago at a local college, and learned a lot. Especially of the "things you didn't know that you didn't know" variety! It was a lot of fun too.

Rurality said...

Oh I forgot to mention that the lens I use on the Nikon is an 80-200 zoom. A macro lens is on my wish-list, but really this lens does almost everything!

Paula said...

Dear Mrs. Coulter,
Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog, and for all your kind and encouraging words! You have really blessed my heart! God bless you too, for your lovely work!!! Your photos and written entries are so inspiring and encouraging! I truly appreciate you thinking that of mine!

The Lord bless you and your family! Thank you!!!
Paula

You are a tremendous encouragement to me as well!

Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

Mrs. Coulter,
I've placed your book on my wishlist at Amazon.
Congratulations on your starred review at PW!

May God continue to bless the work of your hands...

I look forward to reading words-- the ones He spoke through you...

All's grace,
Ann