
Somehow we always seem to wind up with stray animals at our house. Last summer, a little black mama-cat showed up with a litter of kittens behind our house. I suspect they were born under the canoe that we have turned upside down in the backyard. Anyway, we've seen the kittens around for months, but while they eat the food we put out, they never let us get close. Until now.
Just the other day, Cornbread (why we named him that, I don't know, except that it seemed like a good Southern name) took a nap on our front porch, and didn't run away when I came outside with my camera. I'm not sure he'll ever let us tame him, but at least we get to enjoy looking.
Meanwhile, one of his brothers (or sisters, as the case may be), has started sleeping on the bench in my garden. It's a nice, sunny spot during these chilly autumn days. So I've got another garden cat, it seems!
No comments:
Post a Comment