Night temps were in the teens last week, and today it's rainy but near 60 degrees--yep, this must be Atlanta. If you don't like the weather, give it 24 hours (or less), and everything will change.
There was even a little sunshine last Friday, enough to make people yank off their coats, put on their sunglasses, and look up at the sky, basking in all that nice warmth. Ahhh....
Then I got a list of the plants that the fantastic horticulturists at Epcot are already growing, to prepare for my talk there in March. I'll be there for the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival, discussing heirloom flowers and veggies, on March 19-21
The gardening gurus at Epcot have ordered heirloom seeds, so they can grow exactly what I'll be discussing, and the names of these plants are enough to make a gardener swoon: Pansy Carmel Spice; Sweet Pea Wedding Blush; Zinnia Ol' Mexico.
But there are lots of veggies, too, like old-timey Watermeloon Moon and Stars, Christmas Lima, Hidatsa Bean, and Arikara Yellow Bean. I'm crossing my fingers that the recent cold snap in Florida doesn't keep any of the seeds from sprouting--even though they're growing in greenhouses, it's been terribly cold there.
A couple more days of this mild weather, and I'll be rummaging through the garden shed, wanting to do something to get the garden started--but it's way too wet now, because all our snow and ice has melted. Soon, though....soon!

1 comment:
I look forward to seeing your garden wake up Lynn! ;-) Carol
Post a Comment