
Now that I'm serving as the "Master Blogger" for the Southeastern Flower Show, which runs next Jan. 28 through Feb. 1, I'm looking for garden pictures--your garden pictures. Care to share the flowers and veggies you grow? Just send your name and up to three jpgs to inkycreek@gmail.com, which is my email address. We'll post the best garden pictures we get (and if you don't want your name published, just let me know).
The flower show's theme this year is passion, so I'm delighted to show you our first batch of garden pictures, contributed by passionate gardener and advocate for the wild, Monteen McCord.
Monteen lives in a rural county north of Atlanta, where she heads up the non-profit educational organization, HawkTalk. She's a federally and state-licensed wildlife rehabilitator, specializing in raptors, and HawkTalk's mission is to teach us to protect wild creatures and our natural world. I met Monteen a few years ago, when she was speaking at a local store, but she's also a popular guest speaker for schools, civic groups, and other organizations.
Here are just a couple of images from her garden, which she shares with injured or orphaned birds that cannot be released back into the wild. As you'll see, she also makes room for cats, toads, and assorted other creatures.


Thanks for these pictures, Monteen. Readers, you can find out more at HawkTalk and see more pictures at SE Flower Show Blog . Now it's your turn. Send us some images!
cheers,
Lynn
Lynn Coulter
No comments:
Post a Comment